Wednesday 3 April 2013

A week later

Well it's been a week after my mastectomy and I can't believe how blooming quick that has gone,, I came home on the Thursday and I have had to do excersise straight away they had me doing these on the ward before I left,
as I mentioned in my last blog I came home with my drain sticking out of my left side, over the next 5 days I had stood  on it , pulled the tubes apart when I rolled over on the settee, slept really carefully as not to try to pull it out or strangle my self with it , and on Monday I got to go back to the ward and have it removed , I can not describe how that felt to any of you who have never had it done but it was the strangest feeling even odder than only having one boob.

I have got really good movement in my arm , I really expected not to be able to get dressed my self but as long as I do not have to put my arm over my head to high I'm fine,
Even though I have good movement they tell me I'm not allowed to drive for the next 3/4 weeks or as soon as I'm able to do an emergency stop safely, I'm already crawling the walls as I did not go out at all when I had my drain in as I was not walking down the street with my little pink bag they gave me to carry it in and as some of you may have seen I went straight to costa once it was out.

The feeling I now have a week after is strange , all down the back of my arm tingles and is very sensitive , I have been told its due to the nerves being stretched and damaged while I was under, I do not have any pain across my scar ( which by the way is a massive smile shape ) , it is difficult to get comply at night but its a minor thing to have to deal with I suppose. I have been told that they put loads of anaesthetic all around the site and as that wears off u get the feeling like u get at the dentist, I have no feeling under my arm and in my arm pit, that may never come back and now I have to look after my left arm as though it was fragile glass, no damage to my arm or hand at all , no heavy lifting not injecting ,blood test or blood pressure to be taken from that arm for the rest of my life.
I have a load of appointments to go to over the next few months.

Today I was given a present from one of the school mums that I have got to know during this whole mess , I have found I have lost friends and family but I have found new one to replace the gaps and these people fill the gaps far better than what was filling them before ,















No comments:

Post a Comment