Thursday 21 February 2013

Last one tomorrow

The last 3 weeks have been brill I have found my love of making sock monkeys after buying a new sewing machine, had orders for them already may even start getting them back on eBay 


I have also been out on my first proper night out since all this crap started , I went on the lovely Naomi's hen night in Manchester , we started on the curry mile where I had a korma and because of my sore mouth it tasted hot ( what's that all about, one side effect I can not wait to get rid of) then we went to the dogs , I won 2 races and only ended up being down £3.20 , I just bet on the dogs I liked the names of . Then we went to a rock pub in Manchester ,some where , I had a really good night even though I did not really drink much as I did not want it , 
I hope the tea total thing goes as I did enjoy the odd beverage now and again.

It has been school holidays this week and mikes birthday, so we have done loads , been to Liverpool, made candles , been for ice cream ( putting weight on). not really though about cancer much, and now it's come time to have my last chemo ...................
I'm a little nervous and excited all at the same time as I will not get to see the oncologist again and now I go under the surgeon and possibility the radiographer but I will not know if I need him till I have had my operation.

I went to see the surgeon on Tuesday and to be honest they did not tell me anything I did not really know , they are doing a mastectomy but will not do a reconstruction at the same time and will not take the good boob off at the same time . Really disappointed at this but it's because the possible radiotherapy that I may need affects the elasticity of the skin so if they do the recon it may go wrong and would have to redo it . It looks like I would not get the recon done for 12 months which seams a really long time, so I am going to ask at the christie tomorrow .

So bring on the last chemo and the last set of side effects and the steroid lack of sleep and the manky mouth and the increase of hot sweats as I want to get closer to the op when they cut the bugger out , I can do this and I am still going to beat this and get life back ...........

So I need all the thought and hugs and good luck vibes I can get from all you that read this.  This will not be my last blog I'm here to bloody stay 

Xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment