Friday 22 February 2013

Im a Chemo graduate

Today I had my last chemo session , we got In really quick and I though we would be done by 12 but no they had lost my notes so this delayed everything but hey ho it's my last one ,

As every time I have been I get to see the oncologist team and discuss my side effect from the last session and to make sure I have enough drugs and stuff to keep me going to the next session.

So they tell me that I will be getting another scan before my op and that I will go back again after the three weeks are up for a review and a blood test to make sure all has gone back to normal and that my white blood cells have sorted themselves out , plus I get to speak to the oncologist again Re the treatment I have had,
I have been told today that the treatment that I have had has been the full wack every time and that the type of treatment is very harsh which is one reason they do change it half way on standard treatment , so I'm well proud of my self that I have had a really harsh treatment and I have sailed through it.

I'm not celebrating tonight but I will be in a few weeks when I'm feeling better. we will be having a buffet with Olivia and mike , like we should have had on New Year's Eve as I still have buffet food in the freeze.

I think mike and Olivia are relieved that the worst part is over and I keep being told by other women that have been through this that the operation and the radiation is the easy bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment