Tuesday 22 January 2013

Feeling better/ only 2 left

Well I am on day 11 after my 4th chemo, the christie has decided that I should carry on with the same drug.
I got given 3 choises when we went there
1, stop the chemo
2, change to a different drug
3, have another 2 of the same drug

Now it's based on the ultra sound , the tumor has shrunk by half, the chemo drug I'm on is obviously working and if they changed the drug they can not guarantee that the new drug will work,
6 of the same drug does come with a possible side affect in later life , it can affect the heart and if you do have a heart attack you may not recover as well as you could , but it does not cause heart attacks, plus some one some where may have got lukimea after having the drug. It cracks me up they have to tell you these things and I'm sure that this could affect people's decisions on how to go forward.


I have been able to carry on with my hypnotherapy as they have agreed I can carry on , I have also requested to get some reflexology there as well , just waiting for a date and time that I can start.

This 4th one has been good , after them stabbing me 3 time again to get the canular in and blowing 2 veins leaving me with a very brushed hand and the nurse not being very good at giving me the drugs, they have given me 7 injections to take home to boost the blood cells , to keep me out of bloody Leighton , up to now I'm not going back , thank god.


Life at home has been lighter and happier this time , prob because I'm around and I do not feel ill, plus mike is better now as well. I'm starting to release how much affect I have on this house and when I'm down so is the house (no pressure lol)

I have found a drink that I quite enjoy , weight watchers wine rose lol, so i have been having a drink or two, xxxxx



















1 comment:

  1. Thats great to read Sarah, lots of positives which is always good. keep up your strenth and keep it a happy home.. sometimes difficult with Mr Grumpy i would imagine. my thoughts are with you all. take good care and hopefully catch up soon..x

    ReplyDelete