Friday 4 January 2013

5 days as an NHS inmate

follow on from last post: 

Temp still up unless i have paracetamol , so antibiotic have not started to work yet , not allowed to leave till i have 24hours with no temp

I may have to have my New Year's Eve on New Year's Day , better get hootenanny on record lol

DAY 2:  in hospital , they came at 3am to take bloods ,bloody hell , then the nurse had to send for the professionals to do it

I have been allocated a toilet out side my room that is only for me , due to getting cross infection , got up at 6.30 for my hundredth wee and some old bloke making straining noises in there , ew, can they not read its got my bloody name all over the door ,

Got a tv in my room. But only has one channel bbc1 lol
Got a night light but no bulb in it
No mirror

Spotted wifi but not sure if allowed to use it as needs a password , got one of the nurses on it. and guess what its not working


Well I'm opposite a ward full of men as I'm on the conary ward as only ward who had a side room, debating on playing jessie j full blast as its Xmas nature watch on tv ( kill me now)

At lunch time one old duffer decided that he was going to walk round with no bottoms on , tackle every where, he had his top on lol

Olivia came to visit, we went in to the day room and some idiot had taken his own canular our and not clamped the line and bleed all over the floor , Olivia just counted the spots of blood , Kerry started to heave lol

DAY 3: New Year's Eve, temp still up this morning so assigned my self I will not be leaving today, docs did rounds and told me I was going to be in here till at least the 2nd , as my white blood cells are almost zero so I need injection to boost them,

Day staff today have been really busy and I have seen no-one , I did not even get my temp taken again till I asked and that was because I could feel it going up,
The lady in the room next to me keep escaping from her room and saying she want to go home and the nurses keep putting her back to bed ,

Yesterday on of the male nurses sorted my tv out so I now have all free view channels , but bbc1 has been quite good for tv today ,
Tea was ment to be a buffet style meal , it was one cheese and pickle bap and an orange juice lol , guess the kitchen staff went home early
Good job I am having take out with the night staff lol

I Miss my family so much ,
 Olivia has been to see me with Kerry again today but because mike has tonsillitis I have not seen him since Saturday morning before I came in here .
Been a bit teary today , new year even in here , I'm fed up with them putting drugs in me , my room smells , I feel sick on and off all the time , finding it very hard to find my tigger at the mo, just want to go to sleep but they will wake me up to take my temperature , or some one will go the loo next door and the water pipes is really loud .

Nye ,I had a glass of schlor with the nurses at 12 , did not get a takeaway as it got busy with more people coming in , a lot of sickness and the poos on here as majority of people are male and over 70 one poor bloke could not shuffle to the bog in time last night , the joys of being a nurse , rather you than me guys , you do, do a fab joy and really under appreciated by some

New Year's Day , Tigger's back , temps down and just had my lunch hahahahahaha NHS food is bloody hilarious ,

Mushroom soup , very nice
Diced chicken in cherry sauce, 2 cubes of chicken , 8 cherry s , sauce ? May be gravey
Roast potatoes,

But an immense triple chocolate gateaux

Positive of being in here,
They have a bath as I don't at home we only have a walk in shower and cos all the other inmate are none mobile I get the bathroom to my self as well , one of the nurses did ask me the other day if I had all my shampoo and stuff lol, she nearly died , so I just mentioned you steph lol xx
weight loss due to shit food

Day 4: temp staying down now and had a blood test to check my white levels, food has not improved even though its a normal day , but this was the best meal i had, one thing is the soups are nice and i think they are made from scratch, , i so need to get home and have a good 12 hour sleep for 4 days running :), how the hell you are ment to get better when they give you your last injection at 1.30 in the morning , then they wake you up again at 6.30 for another bugger ,

DAY 5: yeh i can go home , apparently i coulf have gone yesterday but the nurses never asked on the blood results as advised by the doc , oh well , im off get me out of here,


back home now , priority to have a shower get the hospital smell out of my nose and second priority Costa

I think we will celebrate New Years Eve on saturday
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment