Tuesday 26 March 2013

Bye bye boobie

Its been 4 full weeks since my last chemo and i feel about 95% normal, i prob would be closer to the 100% if it were not for my bloody hot sweats and the lack of sleep because of them, but us women will have to go through it at some point , im just getting mine away early ,
my hair is growing back but it's just like baby fluff at the moment ..and I have put far too much weight on ( but I'm going to lose quite a bit of that with one boob gone hahahahahaha)

Ok to the next big step is due tomorrow , my mastectomy with clearance of my lymph nodes , I am booked in to the ward at 7.30 but im not sure what time i will be going down, i will be in over night and they will be sending me home with my drains in on Thursday, to be honest the less time I spend in hospital the better I think.
other ladies I'm I touch with say its way easier than chemo and I kind of breezed through that , it's all about the fear of the unknown.

Olivia has been struggling with this op and we have had a lot of tears and clingy moments for her. So I want this over with for her now as well as me and mike as its upsetting me to see her upset.

I'm getting quite nervousness now , I have not sorted out a bag for over night things or anything, may be I will be a bit better once I have sorted that out ,
I need to buy some pjs that button up the front as movement in my arm will not be that good and of course it's going to be sore, already finding it difficult to get underwear to fit with out taking out a mortgage, I will invest in some good stuff at a later date but I need to heal first and I would like to at least hold the one I have got left down lol

I'm not allowed to drive for about 3/4 weeks so I'm going to be crawling the blooming walls of this house , as I can not stand day time tv,  but at least Olivia is off for the next 2 weeks and mike is off for the first of those weeks .

After about 6 weeks post op I may need to go for radiotherapy which could be 3/4 weeks every day at the christie and they may be putting me on a drug for the next 5 years but we will not know that till the removal and the lumps have been tested.

So I'm signing out for now but as I will be bored stiff I may do a few extra of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment