Monday 11 March 2013

Just the beginning

Since my very last chemo I have been quite busy, I an now 2 weeks down the line and again my side effects have been kind ,I have my moments and find I do get quite exhausted by tea time and some days small things really knacker me out but I'm on the other side so this is a small price to pay,


The other weekend I did a charity bike ride for St Luke's hospice and I got my Baldy Head out for the first time in public , it really did not bother me I got a few looks but no one really bothered.    Loved being on the back of the bike but would not give up my nice warm car.

Slowly getting toward my date of the operation 27th, I'm trying to get a few things sorted, like what and how they are going to do my op I have an appointment with my Macmillan nurse this week and I'm going to grill her with loads of questions, this will be the first time I have had an appointment with my nurse so she does not know what she is in for lol

On Friday I have a review appointment at the christie to make sure I have not turned green or anything since my last chemo, it still has not sunk in that I will not be having any more and that the side effect will now get less and less, this means I may start to feel normal again , how long this will take is another question I will be asking. 

MOTHERS DAY
I had a good Mother's Day got a lovely card and chocolates from Olivia , then I arranged to scatter mums ashes over the daffodils along the river weaver where she used to walk her dogs, I found a really good spot that had loads of daffodils starting to grow and probably never get built on.

It's feels like the beginning of a new start , chemo finished, operation looming, getting close to the end of my journey, I have even been arranging possible dates for returning to work, all these things are plans for the future which we have not been able to even think about whilst going through chemo it has been one day at a time 
It is still hard to look too far in to the future but no know know what's installed for them anyway, once I have had my operation and my radiotherapy I will be back in the land of the general public and  trying to get back to a normal life, this will always be a part of me and will always be in the back of my mind, but I will know that I have given my self the best chance I possibly could have by going through this course of treatment and hopefully it will sit right at the back of my mind and I can carry on living with my family and friends.

I WILL be one of the ladies that 30 years down the line can say I had that and beat it,
 I think I may become more involved in helping others that are going through this treatment, as I feel that is what's missing, no positive stories probably because the 85% of people that are classed as survivors are getting on with their lives 




No comments:

Post a Comment