Friday 2 November 2012

Cooking at Christies

Well it was never going to go smoothly with me was it,
I never seam to sail through anything,

 So I get there all the bloods go well and I trip off to the trial unit, by the way I did not get the trail drug I'm going to be the control group so I still get all the extra treatment , First they did not take all the blood and wanted more,
then the chemo starts within seconds and all I can describe is im on fire inside , I wanted to take all my clothes off (which I refrained from doing ) wig and all was going to come off , and yes I have come here as Jessie , and feel Fab about it. Not many people realise it is a wig. Even the nurses that see them all the time. Bonus.
So I get pumped with antihistamines and more steroids. And back on the chemo but slower, so I will be here a lot longer but on the up side I will get the antihistamine before the next time so I do not have to go through this again .

 Well my allergic reaction did not stop so I have not be able to take that drug as I'm far too sensitive to it even after they pumped me full of antihistamines so I have been pulled off it and Have to go back next week to speak to the doc on the next course of action and start the new course next week on the same day ,
we all feel really disappointed as if its another kick in the nuts, but its just another hurdle that we will have to get over , I'm sure there will be more and i have not lost my tigger because of this ,I hope that I will be just as positive next week as it has made a massive difference on how the day went .

 On the up side I have found a new disease it's called jaffamnesia it's what happens when you eat Jaffa cakes , you forget how many you have eaten and when you look the whole box has gone , I know it's real as we got this off the nurse,
 Also mike bought me a galaxy bar and bonus I won another ,
 And I have come home and had a chippy tea,

 So I need all the back up I got today next week I hope you are all up for the challenge Xxx
sarah/Jessie xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Jaffamnesia is real, I've got it too! LOL
    WIth you every step of the way! LOVE and hugs for You and Jess xxx

    ReplyDelete